Professional Indemnity insurance for advocates covers any damages awarded against the insured arising in connection with the performance of legal practice in terms of the Act No. 586/2003 Coll. on Advocacy and on Amending and Supplementing of the Act No. 455/1991 Coll. on Small Business Activity (Trade Licensing Act) as amended.
The insurance covers any claim for damages arisng:
- from the activities of an advocate or by a partnership of advocates;
- counsel advocates specified in the insurance policy as subcontractors;
- trainee lawyers who are supervised by the insured;
- all other employees of the advocate.
Within the standard policy cover there are specific limits:
- sublimit of EUR 5,000 for property damage in respect of goods taken over by the insured from the client in pursuance of his legal practice;
- sublimit of EUR 20,000 for damage caused to immovable property leased by or handed over to the insured for use and operation of the insured activity pursuant to a written agreement;
- sublimit of EUR 2,500 per item and EUR 10,000 in total per policy period for damage caused to employees effects subject to them being securely stored at the time of loss.;
- sublimit of EUR 2,500 per item and EUR 10,000 in total per policy period for damage caused to visitors’ effects subject to them being securely stored at the time of loss.
- legal defence costs incurred in connection with claims made against the insured.
- General insurance terms for professional indemnity insurance PREMIUM VPPZ PI
- Form outlining important contractual terms for professional indemnity insurance
- Questionnaire Professional indemnity insurance